TimKiKydd

Hi,

I am working on a project based on a live action IP, the player will be able to choose from a series of different characters from the IP so I need to be able to swap complete character skins (so all body parts have the correct skin tone, etc). Ideally I would also use skin constraints to be able to better match the talents actual proportions.

I also need to be able to to have them pick from a series of costumes, with any character able to wear any costume. The costumes come in full sets (top, trousers, shoes, accessories) so I do not want each of the clothing items as separate skins (as they are in the mix & match sample)

I am assuming I would have to set each character set and each outfit set as a skin? I am unsure how to set up the rig so you can have character skins and outfits skins at the same time?

As mentioned i would ideally like to use the skin constraints to vary proportions of the characters to match the talent - would this even be possible if i need the costumes to be universal?
TimKiKydd
  • Bài viết: 1

Erika

TimKiKydd đã viết:I am assuming I would have to set each character set and each outfit set as a skin?
Correct! you can see multiple skins at the same time in the editor by opening the skins view and pinning two or more skins of your choice:
Skins view - Spine User Guide
TimKiKydd đã viết:As mentioned i would ideally like to use the skin constraints to vary proportions of the characters to match the talent - would this even be possible if i need the costumes to be universal?
Sure, it's possible! you need to have your basic skins all with the same proportion, then in Spine you can alter their proportions using transform constraints as illustrated in this blog post:
Blog: Skin constraints for different proportions
Hình đại diện của thành viên
Erika

Erikari
  • Bài viết: 2548

Quay về Editor