Lijin

Hello, I found that there's a memory leak caused by SpineSkeletonRendererComponent. The memory of FPhysXAllocator keeps increasing. And by adding breakpoint I found it's created continuously by SpineSkeletonRendererComponent.(As the images attached here)
My actor blueprint is set according to UE4 runtime tutorial (just attached a SpineSkeletonAnimationComponent and a SpineSkeletonRendererComponent to root, set my atlas and skeletondata, and called AnimationComponent->SetAnimation in beginplay). My Collision Presets is set to BlockAll by default. Then I just put the actor in my map. My UnrealEngine version is 4.27.2
I tried to change my atlas and skeletondata to the spineboy assets provided by UE4 runtime tutorial, and found it has a memory leak as well.
I also tried to change physics to NoCollision, and found there is no memory leak any more.

Has anyone encountered with same problem? I doubt it's a bug of ue4 spine runtime plugin. If so, how can I fix it without having to change my collision presets? Or am I missing any settings? Thanks.
Bạn không được cấp phép để xem tập tin đính kèm trong bài viết này.
Lijin
  • Bài viết: 7

Mario

It's an issue in UE4 we've been trying to fix for over 2 years. Spine needs to update collision meshes of ProceduralMssh each frame. It seems UE4 doesn't like that at all. Worse, in the editorz it also creates gigabytes of data on disk.

I fear we'll have to remove collision mesh support from spine-ue4 entirely. Users will have to create custom collision shapes and attach them to their actor themselves.
Hình đại diện của thành viên
Mario

Mario
  • Bài viết: 3035

Lijin

Okay, got it. Thanks for your reply!

---

Edit:
To make sure, if I don't need any collision support, just want to fix the memory leak problem, then changing to NoCollision is the solution for now, is it? Are there any better solutions?
Lijin

Mario

Yes, until i remove the physics code entirely from spine-ue4, setting it to NoCollision should do the trick.
Hình đại diện của thành viên
Mario

Mario
  • Bài viết: 3035

Lijin

Thanks.
Lijin

Quay về Bugs