droptimal

Have a client that needs files done in 3.8.11 but when I set it in Spine settings it reopens to 3.8.95. If I select a preset from the pull down it succeeds in changes, but not one's I manually submit. Is there either a way to fix this OR a way to work on the project in a manner my client can open the file or reversion it to be compatible? They have no intention of using a newer version.
droptimal
  • Bài viết: 25

warmanw

try adding "-beta", I believe those were in beta
3.8.11-beta
Hình đại diện của thành viên
warmanw

Kickstarter Backer
  • Bài viết: 160

Nate

There is no 3.8.11 version, but we do have a 3.8.11-beta version. I wouldn't recommend using an outdated beta version though. If they are using 3.8 then they should use the latest 3.8, there is no reason to use an older 3.8 version (beta or not). The 3.8 runtimes work with all 3.8 editor versions.
Nate

Nate
  • Bài viết: 9847

droptimal

Ah the -beta worked! Now is there anyway to open this 3.8.95 file in it? It says it cant open newer files. While you're saying it should be fine, I know the client is rather adamant about 3.8.11 for reasons.
droptimal

Nate

You can export to JSON from 3.8.95 and import into 3.8.11-beta. If you try this going too far back it may not work, but this should be OK.
Nate

Nate

droptimal

Nate đã viết:You can export to JSON from 3.8.95 and import into 3.8.11-beta. If you try this going too far back it may not work, but this should be OK.
I could not get 3.8.95 to open in beta. Seems there's something different about the syntax ( i noticed a few changes, but its too large manually check the file and make any changes). Is there any other way. The client will be doing 3.8.95 going forward, but insists on still being 3.8.11 for this one project.
droptimal

Nate

Not sure what you mean, 3.8.95 is not a beta release. It should open your 3.8.11-beta project just fine. All versions of Spine can open projects from any older version of Spine.
Nate

Nate

droptimal

I'm trying to open a 3.8.95 in Spine 3.8.11-beta so that i can export a new json as a 3.8.11-beta. 3.8.11-beta will not open a json created from 3.8.95. I get this message:

"Sorry, an error occurred while reading the project file. Please note that projects which have been saved with an older version of Spine cannot be opened by an older Spine version."
droptimal

Mario

You can't open a Spine project or JSON export from a new Spine Editor version in an old Spine Editor version. Note that 3.8.95 is newer than 3.8.11-beta.
Mario

Mario
  • Bài viết: 2302

Nate

droptimal đã viết:"Sorry, an error occurred while reading the project file. Please note that projects which have been saved with an older version of Spine cannot be opened by an older Spine version."
This error message says "an error occurred while reading the project file". You need to export JSON from 3.8.11-beta, then open 3.8.95 (or 3.8.96, released yesterday) and choose Data Import to import the JSON. It will not work to choose Open project and try to open the JSON file, as it is Spine JSON data and not a Spine project file.
Mario đã viết:You can't open a Spine project or JSON export from a new Spine Editor version in an old Spine Editor version.
Mario is correct about Spine project files, however for JSON you can export from a newer editor version and import the JSON into an older editor version IF both the versions differ only in the patch version (ie have the same major and minor version numbers). Note that the full version is in the format major.minor.patch. If the major or minor version is different (eg 3.8 to 3.7), it may still work but is not officially supported.
Nate

Nate

droptimal

I think there's a miscommunication. The entire animation is already made in 3.8.95 and exported from that. I'm trying to take that existing work and open it up in 3.8.11-beta so that I can export from that version. 3.8.11-beta however wont see the work made in 3.8.95 to import it. So I can't export FROM 3.8.11-beta because I can't get the work to open within it. I'm fully aware of how to bring a 3.8.11-beta into a 3.8.95, I'm trying to go the other way.

The client simply has their team operating on this older version and wants their editable files consistent with that version. Having already made it in 3.8.95, I'm trying to convert it to 3.8.11-beta after the work already has been completed.
droptimal

Nate

I understood correctly and my answer above stands.
1) Export JSON from the newer version of Spine.
2) Import the JSON into the old version of Spine (using Import Data not Open Project).
Nate

Nate

droptimal

Ok so maybe it's user error here, steps I'm taking:

- Open working file in 3.8.95 > Export Json as 3.8.95 (all boxes checked, notably "nonessential data")
- Set Spine to open in 3.8.11-beta under settings
- Restart Spine in 3.8.11-beta (This causes an error with reading "hotkeys.txt")
- Import Data > Selecting 3.8.95 json
- Get error message "An error occurred while importing skeleton. Please be sure to choose a valid skeleton JSON or binary file."
droptimal

Nate

OK, at least now you are getting an error message that shows you are choosing Import Data. It would help if you can post your spine.log. You could also email your 3.8.11-beta .spine file for us to take a look: contact@esotericsoftware.com
Nate

Nate

Quay về Editor