Huy137

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to make linked mesh in different Slot.
I created a mesh for left arm weights it with "L_arm" bone
=> Then I copy that bone and resize -1 to mirror and make "R_arm" along with copy mesh for right arm.

- But the problem is when I test the moverment of "L_arm", and do some fix on the weights of "L_arm" 's Mesh,
Since the change didn't automatically apply to "R_arm" 's Mesh, I have to redo it again for "R_arm"'s Mesh which is tiresome.
- If we even have one, "the linked mesh in different" Slot should not copy the deform keyframe from the original mesh too,(May be we can have option to let it copy or not copy deform keyframe)
For example: when I deform my left arm mesh in animation, I dont want my right arm to mimic the same deform since right arm usually in different pose from left arm during animation.
Huy137
  • Bài viết: 28

Nate

Currently a linked mesh cannot be moved to another slot, as you found. We plan to do that, here is the issue to track the feature:
Allow linked meshes to be moved to a different slot · #195 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
This may not make it into the next version, which already has a lot, but should be in the version after.

Linked meshes have a checkbox to inherit the deform keys, so unchecking this would give you what you need (once we can allow the linked mesh to be in a different slot).
Hình đại diện của thành viên
Nate

Nate
  • Bài viết: 9847

Huy137

Nate đã viết:Currently a linked mesh cannot be moved to another slot, as you found. We plan to do that, here is the issue to track the feature:
Allow linked meshes to be moved to a different slot · #195 · EsotericSoftware/spine-editor
This may not make it into the next version, which already has a lot, but should be in the version after.

Linked meshes have a checkbox to inherit the deform keys, so unchecking this would give you what you need (once we can allow the linked mesh to be in a different slot).
Sound good, As you can see if we have this feature, it would help us cut off 50% of the rigging work (only need to weights and modify one arms and one legs for the whole body, the same goes for anything have left and right component)
Huy137

Nate

Yeah, I agree it is important. I've added a note to the issue.
Nate

Nate

Huy137

Nate đã viết:Yeah, I agree it is important. I've added a note to the issue.
Just some side note: if you do it please let the linked mesh in different Slot be able to be weights in different bone too, since in my example "L_arm" bone is different from "R_arm"bone. May be make some linked bone too.
Huy137

Nate

Ah, I'm afraid a linked mesh will always share weights with the source mesh. A linked mesh has the same mesh vertices and weights as the source mesh, but can have a different image. I think it doesn't make sense to use linked meshes for the left and right arms.
Nate

Nate

Huy137

Nate đã viết:Ah, I'm afraid a linked mesh will always share weights with the source mesh. A linked mesh has the same mesh vertices and weights as the source mesh, but can have a different image. I think it doesn't make sense to use linked meshes for the left and right arms.
Even with the same weights and vertices, Linked mesh in different Slot still a good feature too, for example:
- spider with 8 legs, 4 left legs can be linked mesh together since they still using the same weights with "Left Legs" bone
- A set of hair with strain being linked mesh using different image, it help cut off the weights time too.
- The possibility of this feature is still endless.... so hope we 'll have it even if those mesh sharing the same weights and vertices
Huy137

Quay về Editor